It’s a very touchy subject. Not for me, but for most of those reading. It’s almost as touchy as a religious topic. But I really don’t care if feelings are hurt or worlds are turned upside down because I am on a mission to inform the world of the truth when it comes to our health, wellbeing and strength. And the truth is : Our health is more under our control than we think. We have the power to reverse chronic illness, get stronger and never feel weak again. My life is so deeply rooted in this truth now that I can fight for it.
I suffered from chronic and acute asthma since I was 7 years old. I remember the first doctors visit with my father and learning how to use the inhaler. Doctor told me it’s not curable. Infact, when you Google asthma, the top three website will tell you that asthma is not curable, and Wikipedia defines it as “inflammatory diseases”.
It’s not true. Asthma is curable. Asthma is curable because it is an inflammatory disease which is triggered by certain factors in our lifestyle. These certain trigger factors are not only environmental, but internal as well. What really gets me mad is that commercial medicine is just a quick fix – a bandaid over the wound instead of locating the root cause is curing that.
From the age of 7 to 25, my life was absolute hell and winters were worse. Wheezing, and coughing all throughout the cold. When summer rolled around I could never really outdoor activity. Running would trigger it. Heat would trigger it. Stress would trigger it. Weather would trigger it. Spring would trigger it. I routinely had to use a nebuliser.
Let me break it down for you. Internal factors are key to curing asthma.
WHEN WE DO NOT PROVIDE OUR BODY WITH THE RAW MATERIALS IT NEEDS TO RECOVER AND THRIVE, IT CONSTANTLY BREAKS DOWN AND WEAKENS.
So what does our body need? Immune system needs to be more powerful. Hormones need to be balanced.
Food & exercise.
- Cut out all inflammation causing foods : foods that cause inflammation are the main culprit in the Standard American Diet (SAD). SAD is not only in American but now all over the world. Everyone loves to eat breads, buns, and carbs which are processed with yeast, too much baking sodas and are void of nutrition. Eating them is pointless ! The body can not use it to recover and thrive.
What are they?
- Processed grains : Gluten – due to agricultural processes which no longer provide us with natural grains, gluten is a harmful protein in the grain. let’s go back a few 100 years ago when wheat and grains were naturally grown. Gluten sensitivity then? No way Jose. Eat your heart out ! But food of today’s time is not as innocent as it was years ago. What we eat now has the power to kill us slowly. Cut away these harmful inflammatory grains and you are good to go !
- Processed dairy : Milk – get rid of it ! Cow’s milk is no longer a drink full of nutrition and help. Rather it’s full of puss, antibiotics and God knows what else leaks into it. What’s more is that milk molecules look similar to gluten and the body attacks it the same. If you have gluten sensitivity and asthma then milk is not your friend and never was. Kick that buster out of your life.
- Process & packaged foods containing refined sugar : all the junk food you can think of. What we need now is powerful healing foods for your body to repair and get stronger. If we want to stop asthma make sure it doesn’t come back then you need nutritious and more “natural” foods instead of the crap wrapped in colorful packages.
- Exercise daily to boost natural hormone production such as testosterone : girls, relax. Female bodies produce testosterone too, and we need it to live and be strong. Testosterone is needed to fight of illness and strengthen the immune system. When we are low testosterone then our body becomes weak and we fall sick. Excersing restores testosterone balance. You know how you feel strong and powerful after a workout? We think clear and are able to make executive decisions better? Well that’s your testosterone kicking in and helping you out.
Food habit was one major factor my asthma was out of my control. I had no clue that I was sensitive to gluten and milk. I always had this rash on my right thigh that would come and go. Mostly around the time of my asthma season (winter). But I didn’t have the knowledge to connect the two. Now that I look back at it, when ever I was sick from wheezing and couching, the rash was present. The asthma and rash was my body telling me that I am allergic to the food I am eating. Is this true for you? Yes. But you will never know until you try it Does this mean you can inhale all the pollen during spring time and sniff dust bunnies? Not really. Pollen, dust and humidity is harmful for anyone no matter if you have asthma or not !
Exercise is crucial.
You better believe it. In healing the gut and strengthening the immune system, you need intense exercise. I know the first few weeks will be hard. I had to go to the gym wit my inhaler for 4 months. I couldn’t even walk on the treadmill without having to run to get a puff of medicine. It took me 4 months to come out of that. With exercising, testosterone production increasing. No you are not gonna look like a man, sheesh ! It will strengthen you physically, remember.
If you are a cardio bunny just walking on that treadmill then add some intense weight training.
My first deadlift while I was suffering from asthma was 60 kilo. I had no clue I could do it, but after I pulled I believed in myself. Which brings me to an important next point.
Believe in your own self!
Confidence in important. You got this. Asthma is just a temporary condition. Don’t listen to anyone. Off course working out hard and brutal will help you gain more confidence in yourself. The brain is a muscle. You need to exercise and train your brain as well. All the blood flow and intense movements will produce Brain Derived Neurotrophic factors that improve hippocampus function. What I mean is confidence, self belief, and mental strength are physiological factors of the body which we can control. BELIEF IT.
As I explained before. eating right means cutting out the bad and replacing with the good. A high protein and fat diet is your new way of life. You will be adding more fresh, and raw vegetables. You will snack on fruit daily. You will eat the whole eggs and not waste that powerful yolk. You will include more healthy fats such as fish, coconut oil, nuts and better eat that steak. You will drink no less than 3 litres water daily. You will include natural probiotic foods such as fresh curd, fresh cheese, sauerkraut, etc. If you have sever lactose intolerance then skip the curd and cheese and supplement with good probiotics.
YOU WILL START A STRONG AND HEALTHY LIFESTYLE.
Yes you will. You will make small changes in your life and cure the asthma. I did it. And I am still asthma free. If I can then you can too.