🚫First of all let me say – I did not get paid or sponsored to do this. This is NOT a paid advertisement. Simply a blog to share my routine. End.
MORNING ROUTINE : UPDATE
So we ( Silverback & I ) have updated our morning routine to better suit the body’s needs. Previously the hemp – curd smoothie was the second meal of the day; the first being a fruit smoothie. But now switched the two around, hemp-curd first then fruit smoothie. Our reasons (researched & scientific backed logic) are the following:
1. Saving The Gains
After a whole nights sleep (fasting) body needs protein to replenish and keep in stock glycogen and amino acids ( protein ). This prevents my body from breaking down my lean muscle also known as GAINS!
macro count from hemp – curd
- 1 scoop hemp ( 30 grams) : 16 grams complete protein
- 100 grams curd : 6 grams protein ( includes casein)
why curd with my hemp? sorry guys, truth is hemp has a very strong grassy flavour and I.JUST.CAN’T.HANDLE.IT 😷 Mixing hemp and curd ( with 2 teaspoon sugar ) together mellows down the grassy flavour and actually tastes pretty good.
2. No Sugar Spikes
Fiber from hemp slows down digestion and does not give me sugar spikes. Sugar spikes are one of the main reasons we feel sudden fatigues. Plant fiber helps by maintaining a constant release of sugar ( glucose aka energy) into our blood stream. So I feel good for longer amount of time.
Hemp is such an amazing plant that comes with countless benefits, we want it in our system first thing in the morning. It’s like starting the engine with the best fuel. I know hemp is supporting, improving and repairing our gut- making us stronger from the inside.
- Hemp seeds are composed of more than 30 percent healthy fats, including the essential fatty acids linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid (plant-based omega-3
- Hemps seeds are about 25 percent protein and also provide nutrients including vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron, and zinc
- With all of the essential amino acids and an amount of protein similar to beef (by weight), hemp seeds are an excellent form of plant-based protein.
and so much more i dont have space for here !
The fruit smoothie comes packed with fiber and quick digesting sugars. The fruit smoothie provides a good amount nutrients for energy and vitamins to fuel my workout. If you feel gas-y or acidic after a workout I would def suggest a fruit smoothie. Vitamin C is a major player in shaping, toning and keeping you fit.
- reduce stress – vitamin C reduces cortisol, the hormone responsible for muscle breakdown
- required for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body.
- It is used to form collagen, a protein used to make skin, scar tissue, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels.
- essential for the healing of wounds, and for the repair and maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.
- helps with blood pressure by strengthening the walls of the arteries.
- prevent damage to cells caused by aging
- helps to improve digestive absorption