Say bye-bye to guilt causing desserts and snacks! If you’re a self-proclaimed chocolate goddess then I’ve got just the thing. Dessert and snack time aren’t just for satisfying the sweet tooth. You can also pack in some mighty nutrients throughout your day with these bliss balls – minus the table sugar and hidden processed chemicals.
With five simple ingredients and four easy steps, these tiny bliss balls pack a whole-lotta taste you just can’t imagine. Plus, if you are looking for a tasty way to include black seed into your diet (instead of chewing it), then you just might be surprised at their exotic taste in this combo.
photo gallery below
- 200 grams of dates (more or less)
- 1/2 tsp black seed
- 1 tsp sesame seed
- 4 tsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- Crushed whole almonds
- Food processor or grinder
- Remove the seeds from the dates and process into a paste in a food processor or grinder (or even a traditional stone grinder). It doesn’t have to be perfect, just mashed enough to be formed into balls.
2. Use the food processor (or your hands) and mix together the dates, chocolate, black seed, and sesame seed. Add a few splashes of water to keep it going. It gets sticky but keep mixing!
3. After thoroughly licking your fingers clean, wash your hands and keep them wet. Roll the chocolatey mess
4. Between your palms and form into balls. Keeping your hands wet gives a better finish to the end product.
5. Roll the date balls in crushed almonds. You can crush almonds by processing whole almonds in the food processor or grinder. Coat all the balls evenly and shake off excess crumbs.
These are best with black coffee or tea and serve as a great snack in-between meals. Date balls are also an excellent source of quick-digesting carbs post workout.
Major Benefits !
- Dates: A natural source of sugar & fiber, dates are packed with essential minerals and vitamins and give you a quick burst of energy.
- Cocoa Powder: Raw cacao powder has more than 300 phytochemicals and nearly four times the antioxidant power of regular dark chocolate
- Black Seed: The remedy for ‘everything but death,’ has been found as the remedy to more than 160 different illnesses. With strong gut-healing powers, it’s recommended to include black seed into your daily morning routine.
- Sesame Seed: An excellent source of copper and a very good source of manganese, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, and zinc.